“Our House” is owned and operated by Hospice of Murray County and is located in Slayton, MN. This home is a place for hospice patients who need additional assistance when care becomes greater than a family can provide in the home.
Trained Medication Aides (TMA) provide patient assistance 24 hours a day under the consultation of an RN. TMAs provide personal cares and assist with bathing, dressing, meals, snacks and laundry. Our House is a warm and comfortable home where staff assists in meeting all the needs of patient and family.
Our House is not a Medicare certified facility; therefore, Medicare does not pay the rent of $165.00 per day. Rent is not part of the Medicare hospice benefit. It is paid either by private individual insurance, Medical Assistance (Elderly waiver and Group Residential Housing-for those that qualify) or other qualifying insurance (Long Term Care insurance).
Our House is a 4 bedroom Hospice Facility licensed as Adult Foster Care for the terminally ill.
Our House Wish List…..
If you are looking to make a donation or would like to help in any way….here are some ideas!
- Monetary donations toward new counter tops
- White wash cloths, hand towels and bath towels
- Bird food – All varieties
- Adult clothing protectors
- Newspaper subscriptions
- Monetary donations in Hospice of Murray County’s name to Jim’s Market and Hometown meats
- Paper products (plates, silverware, napkins, cups)
- Ziploc/slider baggies (quart and gallon sizes)
- K-cups for Keurig
- Monetary donations toward Dishwasher
- Solar Lights, Lawn Ornaments
- Monetary donations to VIP for Landscape items (bushes, flowers)